Vision & Goal
Creating a vibrant atmosphere for the teaching and learning of the English Language.
Enriching support activities
Encouraging formative assessment
1. Let's have TEA! (Theatre Exposure and Appreciation)
- All P1, P2 and P3 will attend a theatre performance catered to their level.
2. Literature @ Primary 3, 4 and 5Use of literacy text to:
- Develop competence in analysing texts
- Understand the human condition
- Develop a love for reading
- Appreciate drama and the arts
3. Extensive Reading Programme (ERP)
To encourage a love for reading in the girls:
|Little Red Dot Newspaper|
|Whole School Reading Programme||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
We invite authors to our school to share their passion for writing and their stories with our students. This way, we get our students excited about reading and inspired for writing!
Media Resource Library (MRL)
Opening Hours7.30 am to 4.30 pm
- All pupils are entitled to borrow four library books for two weeks.
- Each book can only be renewed once. Pupils will need to renew the item in person at the library.
Penalty for Overdue items:
- Pupils' borrowing privileges will be suspended once overdue items are incurred in their library account. Their library accounts will be restored once the books are returned to the library.
Penalty for lost/damaged items:
- For every item lost/damaged, the pupil will have to compensate with a new book of similar cost.
- A list of suitable titles will be given to the pupil by the librarian.
- The pupil will then hand the new book, with receipt of purchase, to the librarian.
- The pupil’s account will be restored after the lost/damaged book has been compensated with a new one.
Online Library System (OPAC):
- Pupils will be able to view their borrowers’ status by accessing the online library system (OPAC) at: https://schoolibrary.spydus.com.sg/stmargaretspri
- Default OPAC password for all patrons (Students). Please be advised the current password using NRIC will be changed to Moe@DDMMYYYY (DDMMYYYY is the DOB of the student) as a default password for all users. Upon login, all patrons are required to change the password under “My Account” page. The new password will have be made up of at least 12 characters and should contain characters from at least two of the following four categories:
- Upper case (A through Z);
- Lower case (a through z);
- Digits (0-9);
- Special Characters (!, $, #, %, etc)