Character and Citizenship Education
VisionSMPS students will be servant leaders who display the spirit of excellence and good character.
MissionTrain up a child in the way he should go and when he is old, he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6
1. To develop girls who are grounded in L.I.G.H.T.
2. To influence girls to be active citizens who contribute to society
|Mrs Pamela Yeo (HOD/Character and Citizenship Education (CCE))|
|Mdm Haryati Hassan (SH/Character and Citizenship Education (CCE))|
|Mrs Adeline Ang||Mrs Karen Wong|
|Mrs Amelia Goh||Ms Katherine Koo|
|Mrs Angel Chan||Mrs Lim Mei Sze|
|Ms Azah Kaulan||Mdm Malathi|
|Mrs Charise Tan||Ms Mimi Nurhidayah|
|Mdm Chua Sue Ann||Mdm Ngoh Moon Geok|
|Mrs Denise Cheong||Ms Ng Xing Hwee|
|Ms Eileen Goh||Mdm Rozita|
|Mdm Endang||Mdm S Kanimozhi|
|Mdm Grace Tang||Ms Suhanthi|
|Ms Gwee Hui Jun||Mdm Tania Yap|
|Ms Julie Ann De Silva||Mdm Xu Yan|
Character and Citizenship Education Curriculum
|Explicit Teaching||Learning Experiences||Support Structures|
- Lessons will provide for the explicit teaching of the values, knowledge, skills and competencies that are critical for character and citizenship development. These lessons include the lessons for Character and Citizenship Education conducted mainly* in the Mother Tongue Languages, and the Form Teacher Guidance Period (FTGP).
* Pupils exempted from MTL will have their CCE lessons in English.
FTGP Interaction Activities
For more information, click on the links below
|CCE and FTGP Lessons|
- Modules that focus on myskillsfuture.sg portal, Sexuality Education (SEd) and Cyber Wellness which address specific developmental needs of our students are delivered. SEd is delivered as a module for the upper primary levels, while myskillsfuture.sg and Cyber Wellness are infused within FTGP lessons.
For more information, click on the links below
|Education and Career Guidance|
- Assemblies in school are also used as a teaching platform for school values and other CCE LOs.
Learning experiences, through various platforms, reinforce and support student's learning in CCE.
- National Education (NE) Commemorative Days are part of the school calendar. These are the Total Defence Day, International Friendship Day, Racial Harmony Day and National Day. Please click here for photographs.
- Co-curricular Activities (CCA) is a main platform for the students to apply Social-Emotional Learning (SEL) competencies learnt in the lessons and put into practice the school values. Please click here for more informati
- Values in Action (VIA) programme provide an avenue for the students to understand the needs in the community and nation and show care and concern for others less fortunate than themselves.
- Student Leadership opportunities provide the students with the platform to exhibit skills and competencies, in particular responsible decision making. Click here for more information.
- Programme for Active Learning (PAL) is an integral part of the curriculum for all Primary 1 and 2 students. The programme offers hands-on and experiential learning through the following four domains: Sports & Games, Outdoor Education, VisualArts, and Performing Arts. PAL provides opportunities for students to discover new interests, develop character and enables them to develop social-emotional competencies.
- Level Camps are platforms for each level to bond with the level, their classes and teachers. Through the activities in the camps, helmed by each subject, we hope to instill the Joy of Learning and the school value for the level in the students.
- Student Learning Festival: The student learning festival provides students with an opportunity to pick up skills beyond what is taught usually in the classrooms. Through the festival we hope to highlight to students that lifelong learning is a journey and that learning goes beyond the textbooks and worksheets.
- Morning Devotion, based on the school values and anchored on the school's Christian tradition, helps staff and students start the day with timely reminders of what is at the core of CCE.
- Discipline structures have been put in place to provide explicit parameters of acceptable behaviour. School Rules and the Demerit Point system are clearly spelt out in the Student Handbook which every student possesses.
- Counselling for students with social, emotional and behavioural issues are provided by the school's Full Time School Counsellor.
- Student Recognition, given through school-based and MOE awards, as well as highlighting of students successes, help reinforce school values and desired character traits. Click here for Edusave Character Award (ECHA).
|Cleanest Classroom||Character Badges|
- Student Reflections are done after key learning experiences to help reinforce the desired LOs.
- Partnerships with parents and other organisations help the school to provide the learning experiences that support CCE.