Character and Citizenship Education
VisionNurturing girls of Character, grounded on the values of Integrity, Graciousness,
Humility and Tenacity.
- A confident St Margaret's girl.
- Pupils who demonstrate the school values.
- Student leaders at various levels who demonstrate leadership qualities.
- Pupils with a sense of responsibility towards themselves, the school, the community, the country and the environment.
- Pupils who are global in outlook with a strong sense of citizenship.
|Mrs Pamela Yeo (HOD/Character and Citizenship Education (CCE))|
|Ms Christina Yong (LH/Student Management)|
|Mrs Karen Wong||Mrs Yu Chen Shuang|
|Mrs Lynnette Ng||Mdm Ngoh Moon Geok|
|Ms Chow Yee Sun||Mrs Ng Wei Wen|
|Ms Katherine Koo||Ms Christine Low|
|Mdm Shahirah||Mrs Charise Tan|
|Mrs Joanne Goh||Ms Melody Soh|
|Mdm Grace Tang||Mr Eddie Chong|
|Ms Eileen Goh||Ms Rajeswari Mogan|
|Ms Sem Sok Hui||Ms Jill Tan|
|Mrs Angelia Chu||Mrs SK Lim|
|Mdm Jamilah||Ms Sara George|
|Ms Ng Ley Tin||Mdm Heng Wei Shan|
|Mdm Chua Sue Ann|
Character and Citizenship Education Curriculum
|Explicit Teaching||Learning Experiences||Support Structures|
- Lessons will provide for the explicit teaching of the values, knowledge, skills and competencies that are critical for character and citizenship development. These lessons include the lessons for Character and Citizenship Education conducted mainly* in the Mother Tongue Languages, and the Form Teacher Guidance Period (FTGP).
* Pupils exempted from MTL will have their CCE lessons in English.
FTGP Interaction Activities
For more information, click on the links below
|CCE and FTGP Lessons|
- Modules that focus on myskillsfuture.sg portal, Sexuality Education (SEd) and Cyber Wellness which address specific developmental needs of our students are delivered. SEd is delivered as a module for the upper primary levels, while myskillsfuture.sg and Cyber Wellness are infused within FTGP lessons.
For more information, click on the links below
|Education and Career Guidance|
- Assemblies in school are also used as a teaching platform for school values and other CCE LOs.
Learning experiences, through various platforms, reinforce and support student's learning in CCE.
- National Education (NE) Commemorative Days are part of the school calendar. These are the Total Defence Day, International Friendship Day, Racial Harmony Day and National Day.
- Co-curricular Activities (CCA) is a main platform for the students to apply Social-Emotional Learning (SEL) competencies learnt in the lessons and put into practice the school values.
- Values in Action (VIA) programme provide an avenue for the students to understand the needs in the community and nation and show care and concern for others less fortunate than themselves.
Please click here for photographs.
- Student Leadership opportunities provide the students with the platform to exhibit skills and competencies, in particular responsible decision making. Click here for more information.
- The P4 Camp, organised annually, challenges the students to go beyond themselves and develop resilience and tenacity.
- The P5 Internationalisation Trip offers students the chance to travel beyond Singapore, be aware of the similarities and differences between the countries, and appreciate Singapore.
- CCE @ Home provides students with the opportunities to practise knowledge, skills and values taught during the Character and Citizenship lessons, at home.
- School Theme: Cultivating a Thankful Heart, develops a culture of thankfulness among students and staff through various experiences in the school, which include sharing by staff and students, reflections and other activities for students.
- Morning Devotion, based on the school values and anchored on the school's Christian tradition, helps staff and students start the day with timely reminders of what is at the core of CCE.
- Discipline structures have been put in place to provide explicit parameters of acceptable behaviour. School Rules and the Demerit Point system are clearly spelt out in the Student Handbook which every student possesses.
- Counselling for students with social, emotional and behavioural issues are provided by the school's Full Time School Counsellor.
- Student Recognition, given through school-based and MOE-given awards, as well as highlighting of students successes, help reinforce school values and desired character traits. Click here for Edusave Character Award (ECHA) 2016.
|Cleanest Classroom||Character Badges|
- Student Reflections are done after key learning experiences to help reinforce the desired LOs.
- Partnerships with parents and other organisations help the school to provide the learning experiences that support CCE.