Physical & Health Education
Vision & Goals
VisionEvery girl is Physically Educated & leads an active lifestyle.
- To develop pupils' physical robustness
- To develop pupils' motor and games skills and equip them with the knowledge, skills and attitudes to pursue and enjoy a physically active and healthy lifestyle
- Perform and enjoy a variety of physical activities with understanding
- Develop and maintain physical health and fitness through regular participation in physical activities
- Demonstrate positive self-esteem through body awareness and control
- Understand and apply thinking skills to PE
- Demonstrate the spirit of fair play, teamwork and sportsmanship
- Acquire safe practices during physical activities
|Mdm Madeline Koo (HOD PE/CCA)|
|Mr Derek Wong (ST/PE)|
|Ms Low Pei Lin||Mrs Gerry Ong|
|Mrs Thong Hui Yee||Mrs Florina Lin|
|Ms Law Xin Yi||Miss Kasturi (SPE)|
ProgrammesPhysical Education (PE) plays an important role in the physical growth and development of pupils. Through PE, pupils acquire the knowledge, skills, right attitude and values towards the pursuit of a lifelong physically active and healthy lifestyle. It also provides an avenue for pupils to express themselves through movement and physical activity.
Physical activity is the cornerstone of SMPS PE programme. Our PE programme provides opportunities for pupils to develop a positive association with physical activity.
The lower primary levels focus on fundamental movements, educational gymnastics and dance which develop pupils' psychomotor skills, control and co-ordination. These lay the foundation for the learning of more advanced psychomotor skills, sports and games at the later stages.
The upper primary levels focus on the refinement of fundamental movements and psychomotor skills through a broad range of sports and games. A total of 9 different sports are introduced to the pupils in Primary 4, 5 and 6. Skills acquisition is combined with games concepts to provide in-depth learning of sports and games.
On top of the scheduled PE lessons during curriculum time, we also schedule morning games and aerobics for the pupils. PE equipment are made available for pupils to use before and after school as well as during recess to encourage them to be physically active. Various competitions are organised to provide platforms for the pupils to lead an active lifestyle.
St Margaret's Primary School PE Framework
Singapore Sports Council
A Sports Safe Singapore Creative Competition
Youth Olympics Games