School Rules & Regulations
National Anthem & Pledge
- Pupils who are Singapore citizens are to sing the National Anthem and take the Pledge.
- Pupils are to take the Pledge with the right fist over the heart.
- Pupils who are not Singapore citizens are to remain silent and stand at attention during the flag-raising ceremony.
School SongAll pupils are to sing the school song, school hymn and school creed.
- Pupils are to wear the prescribed school uniform and modifications to the uniform is not allowed.
- The hemline of the school uniform should not be more than 5cm above the knee.
- Pupils are to wear their name tags every day.
- Pupils are to wear plain white canvas/sports shoes with plain white socks that reach just above the ankles.
- For sports and PE lessons, pupils are to wear PE T-shirts tucked into dark green shorts of the school design.
- All P3 - P6 pupils are to come to school and go home in their school uniform. P1 and P2 pupils have the option of coming to school in their PE attire on days when they have PE lessons.
Hair & Appearance
- Hairstyles are to be neat and appropriate.
- If hair reaches the collar, it should be tied up neatly as a ponytail.
- Long ponytails (longer than a 15-cm ruler) are to be neatly plaited.
- Fringes are to be kept above the eyebrows.
- Those with long fringes are to wear a hairband or use hairclips to keep hair away from the face.
- Only dark green or black hair accessories are to be used.
- Fancy haircuts/hairstyles and hair colouring are not allowed.
- No form of makeup is allowed.
- Nails are to be short and clean. Nail polish is not allowed.
- No jewellery is to be worn by pupils except small ear studs in gold/ silver in simple design.
Safety & Security
- Pupils are to alert any teacher or office personnel if they come across any of the following:
(a) strangers, (b) emergencies, e.g. accidents, injuries, fire.
Before School Hours:
- Pupils are to wait at the hall if they come to school before 6.50 a.m.
- Pupils are only allowed to go to the classrooms after 6.50 a.m.
- Pupils are to be at the assembly area by 7.25 a.m.
During School Hours:
- Pupils are to ask for permission from the teacher before leaving the classroom during lessons.
- During recess, pupils are not allowed to stay in the classrooms without permission.
- All food and drinks are to be consumed in the canteen. Pupils are to queue up for food and return all cutlery and crockery to the designated areas in the canteen.
- Pupils are only allowed to leave school during school hours with a valid reason and after informing the office. They are to be accompanied by their parent/ guardian or person authorised by the parents.
- Pupils are not allowed to run or play along the corridors, in the classrooms, canteen, up and down the stairs and in places where there is potential danger.
- Pupils are not allowed to play with the equipment in the gymnasium, hall or be in any of the special rooms without adult supervision.
- Pupils are to use the school facilities responsibly and in the way they are intended for.
- Pupils are not allowed to bring pets, toys, expensive or dangerous items to school without the school’s approval. They are not allowed to have in their possession any weapon. They are also not allowed to bring any weapon-like item which is used or intended to be used to cause harm to others.
After School Hours:
- Pupils are to wait for their transport at the foyer (by car) or in the hall (by school bus) at the dismissal time. Pupils who have missed their school bus are to report to the general office for assistance.
- Pupils staying back after school for activities are not allowed to leave the school during lunchtime unless accompanied by an adult.
- Pupils are to be seated and well behaved at all times on the school bus.
- Pupils are to use the seat belts if they are provided on the bus.
Use of Handphones
- Handphones are to be switched off during lesson time and school activities.
- The use of handphones is restricted to the foyer and canteen before and after school hours.
- Handphones are only to be used for calling/messaging parents/guardians and not for other purposes such as taking/viewing pictures/video, listening to music, playing games.
- If the handphone is misused, demerit points will be given. The handphone may be confiscated and only returned to parents.
- The school will not be responsible for the loss or damage of the handphone.
- Pupils are to be obedient, courteous and well-behaved at all times.
- Pupils are to be punctual at all times. Pupils are considered to be late if they arrive in school after the command for flag-raising is given.
- Pupils are to keep the classrooms and surroundings clean and tidy at all times.
- Pupils are to bring all required books/materials for the day and submit homework on time.
Examination / Test Rules
- Pupils should be punctual for tests and examinations.
- A pupil who is unable to sit for a test or examination should produce a medical certificate.
- Pupils should not have books or notes under their table, in their pocket or anywhere near them (whether intentional or not) which may provide unfair advantage over the other pupils.
- Pupil should not be found trying to communicate by any means to their friends.
- Pupil should not allow other pupils to copy their answers.
- Handphones and other unauthorised electronic devices are not allowed in the examination rooms.
- Anyone caught cheating will be severely dealt with.